PR & CHARITY MARKETING ASSISTANT
24 hours a week - FIXED TERM CONTRACT UP TO 9 MONTHS
We’re on the lookout for a creative PR & Charity Marketing Assistant to join our team on an (up to) 9 month Fixed Term Contract. If you’re looking to join an energetic marketing team, striving towards a common goal and for a role where you can be creative, build relationships, make things happen and learn from it, then this is the one for you!
What you’ll be doing
- We’ll look to you to provide support for the PR, Charity and Sponsorships function in our ever-growing Marketing department.
- Help with the day to day running of the Toolstation press office, including writing agency briefs, managing the proofing and sign off of press releases, selecting images and liaising with the PR agency to hit publication deadline
- Delivering key components of large scale PR campaigns, by actioning key deliverables making sure they are delivered on time and successfully
- Support Toolstation’s charity fundraising activity by creating engaging internal communications to the business, building relationships with charities and promoting charity initiatives to our customers and logging funds raised
- Supporting the PR & Charity Manager in activating the high-profile sponsorship of Northampton Saints Rugby Club through content generation, promotional activity and event attendance
- Writing compelling posts for the Toolstation blog and news page and promoting them to increase exposure and reach of this part of the website
What you’ll bring
An open mind and a desire to learn and grow. You’ll be confident managing lots of projects at the once, taking responsibility and throwing yourself in. With a good understanding of working with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, you’ll love working in a role where you can contribute to the success of our marketing objectives; supporting business growth at an exciting time.
- Proven experience in a similar department or role or has a degree or recognised qualification in marketing and/or PR
- Proficient skills in creative writing for blog posts or similar
- Competent or basic skills in Photoshop and WordPress
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics or similar analytics tool is desirable but not essential
What we’ll give to you
At Toolstation we’re proud to offer great career development opportunities to our colleagues, with a strong culture of recognising and supporting talent and promoting colleagues from within. You’ll be challenged in your role and our values are high; but we’re here to support you and ensure your success with us.
As part of the Travis Perkins group plc, Toolstation are able to offer great benefits to our employees; including colleague pension, childcare vouchers, competitive rates of pay, discount on products across the Travis Perkins Group, company share save schemes and more!
How to apply
Caught your interest? Want to know more? Take a look at www.toolstationjobs.com or simply hit apply
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.